R&D Organic Units: Laboratories and Equipment
Neutron Activation Analysis Laboratory
Nuclear radiation from activated products is measured by a high-resolution g-ray spectrometry, which includes detectors made from high purity germanium associated with preamplifiers, amplifiers and multichannel analyzers.
HPGe - detector.
At the g-ray spectrometry laboratory the following equipment is available:
- Five high pure Germanium detectors:
- 3 for high energies (CAMBERRA GC3019 –5Kv; GC4019 –4Kv; GC3518 –3Kv)
- 2 for low energies (CAMBERRA 2001 CP –2Kv; ORTEC GLP 25300/13 –1Kv)
- Two amplifiers – CAMBERRA 2020
- Two amplifiers – ORTEC 572
- Two high tension sources – ORTEC 459 (0 – 5Kv)
- One high tension source – ORTEC 659 (0 – 5Kv)
- One high tension source – TENELEC TC950 (0 – 5Kv)
Equipment financed by
Managing Authority and Funding
FCT – Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia
Plano Nacional de Re-equipamento Científico
Project Reference: REEQ/590/CTE/2005 (see pdf file
for further information).
Responsible Researcher: Maria Isabel Prudêncio (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Access to the equipment: This equipment is available to the scientific community.